I am a Clinical Social Worker with over 20 years of experience as counsellor and therapist, specialising in mental health with a strong focus on building resilience and promoting wellbeing. Whilst I have practiced in both the Government and Non-Government sectors, the majority of my experience has been with the Commonwealth Public Service as a Defence Social Worker and Rural Social Worker.
During my role as a Rural Social Worker I gained a comprehensive understanding of the problems faced by rural people during the drought and provided assessments and counselling to individuals and families with a range of complex psychosocial problems.
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Medicare Provider: Wagga Gundagai
- Accredited Work Cover NSW counsellor
- Approved Veterans and Veterans Family Counselling Service
Counselling and Therapy
I utilise a solution-focused integrated therapy approach to assist clients to identify and modify problematic thoughts, emotions and behaviours. I draw upon a number of Focused Psychological Strategies including:
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Relaxation strategies including progressive muscle relaxation, controlled breathing
- Interpersonal psychotherapy therapy (IPT)
- Narrative therapy
- Skills training including problem solving, anger management, social skills communication, stress management